Undergraduate Tuition Merit Award
ATTENTION: The SPRING 2023 application is now closed for awards for the 2023-2024 academic year. No further applications can be accepted at this time. The next award and application will be available in Spring 2024.
International Students and Scholars Services is currently inviting undergraduate international students to apply and compete for the Tuition Merit Award for the next academic year. The award covers the tuition for both Fall and Spring semesters for continuing students. Please click on the link at the bottom of the page for directions on how to apply after reading all requirements below.
Applications are typically available starting in the Spring semester.
Applicants for this Tuition Merit Award must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be full-time, degree-seeking international student holding a non-immigrant visa;
- Will have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at West Virginia University by the end of the spring semester with a minimum grade point average of 3.0;
- Must intend to enroll at West Virginia University as a full-time continuing undergraduate student for the next academic year;
- Must submit three references to International Students and Scholars Services through the scholarship application request by the date listed below;
- Must submit the application to International Students and Scholars Services by the date listed below;
- Must agree to be interviewed by the Selection Committee (if needed) if chosen as one of the finalists.
A committee of university faculty, staff, and students will choose the award winners. The criteria for selection will be based upon scholastic achievements, extra-curricular activities, awards won since beginning student status in the United States, and financial needs of the applicant.
Applicants will be responsible themselves for obtaining three references and uploading recommendation letters to their application (see application directions below for further steps). In the event that any one of your references wishes to keep their recommendation letter private, they may e-mail a copy of the letter in .pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for the selection committee to add the letter to your application and record. At least two of the three references should be completed by faculty members at West Virginia University.
This is a one-year, non-renewable award and the winner will be notified during the summer semester.
Please note that this is a competitive award. We have a limited number of waivers/funds to disperse annually. Priority is given to both achievements and financial need.
The deadline to submit applications is April 30 for the following academic year. Questions concerning the application can be sent to email@example.com.