Background Image for Header:
Undergraduate Tuition Merit Scholarship
Undergraduate Tuition Merit Award
International Students and Scholars Services is currently inviting undergraduate international students to apply and compete for the Tuition Merit Award for the next academic year. The award covers the tuition for both Fall and Spring semesters.
Applications will be available in the beginning of the spring semester. At that time, there will be links on this page to the tuition merit award application (please note: recommendation requests are built into the application). Applicants for this Tuition Merit Award must satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be full-time, degree-seeking international student holding a non-immigrant visa;
- Will have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at West Virginia University by the end of the spring semester with a minimum grade point average of 3.0;
- Must intend to enroll at West Virginia University as a full-time continuing undergraduate student for the next academic year;
- Must submit three references to International Students and Scholars Services by the date listed below;
- Must submit the application to International Students and Scholars Services by the date listed below;
- Must agree to be interviewed by the Selection Committee in May if chosen as one of the finalists.
A committee of university faculty, staff, and students will choose the award winners. The criteria for selection will be based upon scholastic achievements, extra-curricular activities, awards won since beginning student status in the United States, and financial needs of the applicant.
Applicants will be responsible themselves for obtaining three references (electronic reference are sent within application to the 3 references of your choosing). At least two of the three references should be completed by faculty members at West Virginia University. This is a one-year, non renewable award and the winner will be notified during the summer semester.
Please note that this is a competitive award. We have a limited number of waivers/funds to disperse annually. Priority is given to both achievements and financial need.
The application is open during the month of April. The deadline to submit applications is April 30 (midnight) for the upcoming academic year. Questions concerning the application can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.