As a previous West Virginia University exchange student you will always have a home in Morgantown, West Virginia and we would like to invite you back to our campus! Should you decide to return to WVU to pursue a graduate or professional degree, you are eligible to receive the Take Me Home Scholarship , valued at $1,000 per semester.
To apply to WVU, please visit
- Must have been a previous visiting student at West Virginia University.
- Must be admitted into a graduate or professional program at West Virginia University.
- Must be a full-time student on an F-1 or J-1 student visa.
- Scholarship can only be used for tuition and fees - if a surplus of aid is present, a refund of unused funds will not be issued.
- Must maintain a 3.0 GPA and complete at least 18 credits per academic year for renewal. Scholarship cannot be extended beyond expected completion time at program intake.
- To qualify, simply complete the application by clicking the gold Apply Now button.
In addition to the Take Me Home Scholarship , WVU awards approximately 1,700 graduate assistantships annually to incoming and continuing graduate students. Graduate assistants work an average of 20 hours per week as teaching, research, or service assistants. All graduate assistants must be accepted into a graduate degree program and are required to be enrolled full-time while employed during the fall and spring terms (9 credits or more). Compensation for graduate assistantships may include tuition and fee waivers, health insurance and/or a monthly stipend. To search and apply for Graduate Assistantships at WVU, log into the Handshake job search database with your WVU username and password and search for Graduate Assistantships.