Skip to main content

TN Scholars and Faculty

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico, as NAFTA professionals, to work in the United States in prearranged business activities for U.S. or foreign employers. Permanent residents of Canada and Mexico are not able to apply for TN visas to work as NAFTA professionals.

After a TN Visa has been deemed suitable for the prospective candidate by ISSS, specific documents will need to be provided to our office.

Please complete and submit the documentation to the case manager in the order listed below.

  • Copy of visitor's CV Copy of visitor's passport identity page(s)
  • Copies of Diplomas/Certificates of degree(s) required for the position
  • Copy of Original Transcripts for the required degree(s)
  • Credential Evaluation(s) if the required degree have been obtained outside the US