Background Image for Header:
Global Affairs Merit Awards
International students with exemplary academic merit may qualify for supplemental scholarship support from the Office of Global Affairs.
- Must be directly admitted into West Virginia University, without condition
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student on an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Eligible only to undergraduate, first-time freshmen
- Must qualify for a WVU Scholarship of Distinction or a WVU Go First Scholarship
- Must maintain a 2.75 GPA and earn 30 credit hours per academic year for renewal (a maximum of four years)
- Scholarship can only be used for tuition and fees -- if a surplus of aid is present, a refund of unused funds will not be issued.
- Level 1: $8,000 per year (two awards per year)
- Level 2: $6,000 per year (four awards per year)
- Level 3: $4,000 per year (seven awards per year)