Background Image for Header:
Mountaineer Ambassador Program
Mountaineer Ambassadors serve as contacts for alumni located in a geographical area that may not have enough alumni to support a chapter. We do however realize the importance for alumni representation worldwide. The duties of a Mountaineer Ambassador are to assist the national Alumni Association and aid in determining the needs of alumni in their area.
Here is how to get started.
- Contact the Alumni Association and let them know of your interest in becoming a Mountaineer Ambassador. 304-293-4731 or email email@example.com.
- Give the Alumni Association your information, including name, address, telephone number and email address, in order that it may be posted on the WVU Alumni Association Web site.
- Sign up for the WVU Alumni Association online community by clicking on the icon located at the left hand side of the Web site, alumni.wvu.edu. (This service is free)
- You must have an active membership in the national WVU Alumni Association.
At this point you are now an official Mountaineer Ambassador and you will be recognized as such by having your contact information posted on the Alumni Association Web site under Mountaineer Ambassadors, as well as the geographical area you represent. We will also send you a welcome packet, which will include a certificate officially recognizing you as a Mountaineer Ambassador.
The responsibilities and duties of a Mountaineer Ambassador are as follows:
- Serve as a point of contact for all alumni in your area to:
- network with other alumni
- coordinate social activities
- mentor and/or identify mentors for new graduates
- represent WVU at local college fairs as designated by (NARN)National Alumni Recruiting Network
- participate in community service activities on behalf of WVU and the WVU Alumni Association
- Serve as a contact to the WVU Alumni Association to relay feedback and needs of your geographical area alumni.
- Encourage membership in, and interaction with, the WVU Alumni Association at alumni.wvu.edu
- Participate, if possible, in the Alumni Leaders Institute held annually in conjunction with the Gold & Blue Weekend.
Mountaineer Ambassadors are a huge part of the overall success of the WVU Alumni Association and your participation is greatly appreciated. We do ask that any and all information you collect be solely used for WVU Alumni Association purposes and you share this information with the WVU Alumni Association upon request. Failure to do so could lead to your contact information being removed from any and all correspondence. Once again, thank you so much for your time and assistance in helping to keep the alumni in your area connected to their Mountaineer family.