Background Image for Header:
International Festival 2017
WVU's International Festival
Tuesday, March 28 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Rescheduled from last fall, the International Festival returned to WVU’s Mountainlair.
The theme: Let’s Go Study Abroad!
Over 300 students in the 5th through 7th grades attended the festival in two sessions with entertainment for everyone between the sessions. This Dominion Post newsclip covering the event illustrates some of the activities.
- Saudi Student Association
- Sigma Delta Pi
- Education Abroad Student Ambassadors/Exchange Students
- WVU Amateur Radio Club
- Caribbean Student's Association
- Confucius Institute
- WVU German Club
- Intensive English Program
- Italian Club
- International Student Organization
- Malaysian Students
- Session I
- Barrackville Elementary Middle School with 103 students in 5th, 6th and 7th grade. Barrackville is a small, rural PK-8 school where the 7th graders studied Ancient Civilizations (Ancient Greece, Rome, China and Japan) all year and had just started learning about Islam.
- Session II
- Eastwood Elementary School with 100 5th graders from a wide variety of backgrounds. In the past their school was part of an art exchange with a school in Morgantown’s Sister City in China.
- Cheat Lake Elementary School with 140 5th graders. Like Eastwood, these students come from varied backgrounds but they regularly attend our international festivals.
Check back later for Information about the 2018 International Festival