Background Image for Header:
SEVIS Compliance Fee
The SEVIS Compliance Fee is assessed to all undergraduate, degree-seeking international students on an F-1 or J-1 visa. The SEVIS Compliance Fee replaces the former International Student Fee. The name change is designed to more accurately reflect the purpose and use of the fee.
What does the fee go towards?
Who pays the fee?
- Undergraduate students on F-1 or J-1 student visas.
- Graduate students DO NOT pay the SEVIS Compliance Fee.
- Exchange students DO NOT pay the SEVIS Compliance Fee.
- Fall and Spring semesters: $300
- Summer semester: $100
- The Summer fee is $100, regardless of number of registered credits.
The fee goes towards ensuring that the Office of Global Affairs can meet the technology and staffing needs required to ensure the best possible experience for international students at WVU. Through advising and technology we can help students make the best decisions regarding their visa status in the United States. Additionally, we can provide prompt and positive customer service, and provide additional support through seminars, workshops, and cultural experiences.