Background Image for Header:
International Students Emergency Fund
This Emergency Fund is reserved for currently enrolled students who experience a true emergency causing a financial hardship such as money needed for unplanned trips home due to a death or illness of a family member, replacement clothing or books due to a fire or other disaster, medical emergencies or other unforeseen but urgent situations.
I. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Emergency monies are not to exceed $300.00 unless unusual documented circumstances exist.
- Students may receive only one Emergency Fund disbursement within an academic year.
- Emergency Funds are not intended for tuition and fees or standard living expenses.
- Emergency Fund disbursements are not made when school is not in session.
- Each Emergency Fund application will be considered on its own merits.
- Supporting documentation showing need may be required.
- Students must be full time registered unless a reduced course load has been approved through ISSS.
II. PROCESSING AND DISBURSEMENT
- Applications are reviewed immediately or in no more than 24 hours.
- Once approved, emergency items will be purchased by the Office of Student Life staff with a credit card issued expressly for this purpose. Itemized receipts will be retained to document expenses. There will be no cash disbursements.
- You must have proper identification in order to receive assistance (i.e. valid driver's license AND your WVU ID (Mountaineer Card.)