Background Image for Header:
As an international student, you are required by the United States Department of Homeland Security to report to the International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) at the beginning of your academic program for validation of your SEVIS record, to maintain legal status.
The Friday after New (International) Student Orientation for the Fall and Spring semesters, we have SEVIS Check-in located at the Wise Library (Main Campus), Room 136 from 9:00am - 12:00pm or 1:00pm - 4:00pm.
In order to assist you in complying with this requirement, you are required to bring the following documents with you to do SEVIS check-in:
- Admission email to West Virginia University (WVU)
- Current Passport, with your U.S visa
- Passport copies for dependents (spouse and children) if applicable
- WVU Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 (Note: if you have an active immigration record that is being transferred from another college or university in the U.S. to WVU, please also bring your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019 from your previous school.)
- Form I-20(s) or Form DS-2019(s) of your dependents (spouse and children), if applicable