On-Campus Housing (Undergraduate Students)
Upperclassmen students are permitted to live off campus (rental properties) however, it is recommended for all new undergraduate students to live in the residence halls for at least the first year.
The residence hall leases (contracts) are valid for one academic year and include a meal plan (meals are provided). You can sign up for a meal plan through your MIX student account. The recommended meal plans are the Mountaineer (20 meals per week) or Select 15 (15 meals per week). For more information on the summer meal plan, visit Dining Meal Plans.
Freshmen (first year undergraduate) students are required to live in the residence halls for their first year at WVU.
Undergraduate Residence Halls
Room assignments are on a first come first serve basis. To be assigned a room, students are required to complete their housing applications and pay a housing deposit. For more information visit Undergraduate On campus Housing
The undergraduate residence halls are closed during school breaks for a couple of weeks. During these times students are required to find alternate housing. Students may request for holiday housing through the housing office or by indicating that they will require holiday housing on their housing application.
On campus housing (Graduate students/Upperclassmen undergraduates)
On campus housing is available for graduate students and undergraduate upperclassmen students at the University Apartments. The leases (contracts) are valid for one academic year and do not include a meal plan (meals are not typically provided or may be optional). The apartments are open during school breaks, therefore finding alternate housing is not necessary. For more information go to: Graduate/Upperclassmen On-Campus Housing.
A number of graduate students and upperclassmen undergraduate students live off campus (rental properties). Rental leases (contracts) once signed are typically valid for one year with minimal to no chance of getting out of the contract without a costly legal battle.
Before signing a lease it is highly recommended to have the student legal office go over the lease with you to make sure you fully understand it. For more information on off-campus housing and student legal services visit the links below:
NOTE: Students who have not made prior housing arrangements, or who will not be able to immediately move into their apartments or residence hall rooms, or who have late night arrivals (after 9:00pm) are STRONGLY advised to have some extra spending money for hotel accommodation and meals. Hotel costs vary from approximately 65.00 dollars per day and above.
Local Hotel and Motel Listing
- Hilton Garden Inn 150 Suncrest Towne Center Drive Morgantown, WV 26505 (304) 225-9500
- Clarion Hotel Morgan 127 High Street Morgantown (304) 292-8200
- Waterfront Place Hotel 2 Waterfront Place Morgantown (304) 296-1700
- Hotel Morgantown & Conference Center 1400 Saratoga Avenue Morgantown
- Residence Inn Morgantown 1046 Willowdale Road Morgantown (304) 599-0237
- Econo Lodge 15 Commerce Drive Morgantown (304) 296-8774
- BEST WESTERN Mountaineer Inn 366 Boyers Ave Morgantown (304) 599-5399
- Hampton Inn 1053 Van Voorhis Road Morgantown (304) 599-1200
- Euro-Suites Hotel 501 Chestnut Ridge Road Morgantown (304) 598-1000
- Morgantown Motel 2 Smithtown Road Morgantown (304) 292-3374
- Super 8 Morgantown 603 Venture Drive Morgantown (304) 296-4000
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. Other options are available on line.